Estate Planning – Be The Glow That Makes It Happen
written by Darren Hagarty
There are few things more important than having your affairs in order.
Death can strike at any time. We all know this, right? Why is it then that so few of us have this stuff sorted? Maybe it’s because the subject matter doesn’t bear thinking about.
Take a different view. Peace of mind comes from knowing that your estate planning is in proper order and that your wealth will be passed on and protected as you intend. So rather than putting this off, “Be the Glow” and make it a priority.
The Big Questions
Here are a few questions to help you decide whether you might have some gaps that need filling in your estate planning:
- Do you have a Will?
- If you do, when was it last updated?
- Could you (or your spouse) locate your Will if you had to?
- Do you have a Power Of Attorney in place in case you were unable to make your own decisions?
- If you and your spouse leave everything to one another in your Wills, have you considered what would happen in the event of your simultaneous death?
- Do you realise that superannuation and family trusts don’t form part of your Estate and thus other strategies (besides a Will) are needed to properly deal with these?
- Do you know that special, tax-effective structures known as Testamentary Trusts can be used to pass wealth securely to family members, but they are most effective when documented in your Will?
- Have you properly considered who should be the Executor of your Will (sometimes the people closest to you, such as a spouse, may be in no fit state to play the role)?
How We Can Help
Through a deep understanding of the personal and business structures of our clients, PT Partners is perfectly positioned to bring about Estate Planning outcomes that are sound, tax-effective and tailored to the specific requirements at hand.
We centralise and facilitate the entire process, drawing on our trusted Advisor Network in Estate Planning Law for the drafting of the legal documents that are required.
The best way to start the process is a Discovery Meeting with our director, Darren Hagarty, who specialises in estate and business succession planing. This meeting allows us to explore the possibilities with you and identify where the gaps lie in your estate planning affairs. The discovery meeting is at a fixed price of $330.
Following the meeting, we’ll put together for you a fixed price quote for the work that needs doing.
To make an appointment with Darren, simply go to our online booking facility.
For further information, you can also read our Fact Sheet on The Estate Planning Process.
Darren Hagarty is a Director of PT Partners.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.